Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine Soft Sugar Cookies

It is that time again, Valentine's. I just made some of these yummy cookies and sent them off to my missionary and thought I would share them with you. If you make them and just love them comment and let me know. They are definitely a favorite in our house.

Sugar Cookies
6 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter( or margarine)
1 cup sour cream(I usually use 16 oz of sour cream)

Sift flour, baking soda, salt. Cream the rest of the ingredients. Add flour and mix. Chill. Bake 8 min at 400 degrees. Do not brown. ( ROll 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick)Frost. YUMMY

Frosting
2 cups of powder sugar
3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
warm milk
food coloring
Mix powder sugar, margarine together and then add warm milk and mix in. Add until the consistency that is desired, also add a couple of drops of food coloring as desired.

Happy Valentine's

6 comments:

Andrea said...

These sound good. I'm going to try them.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I was just thinking today how Valentines REALLY reminds me of sugar cookies! Thanks for the recipe!

Heatherlyn said...

I have tried the sour cream sugar cookie recipe before. I do like soft cookies. I usually make the crisco recipe myself. :)

Anna said...

Are these the same you posted last year? I want to make them again! They are most excellent. And now I know better than to double!

Teresa said...

I'm eating one as we speak! Yummo!!!

Rae said...

I can't wait to make these, Kathy! How long do they need to chill?