Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Happiness, My Joy

This is a picture of my family. We had pictures taken just before AJ left in December and I am so GLAD that we did. This picture says it all.
My family is my happiness, and my joy. Without them I wouldn't be anything. They have been my life, my job, my ambition for over 24 years. Each day brings new challenges and also many great rejoices. This last year has been so hard to have AJ gone but it has made us grow stronger and closer together, it has strengthened us. I can't say it has been great but I wouldn't want it any other way. Many times I find myself looking around and wondering why and I know it is because there is someone missing. AJ is with us wherever we go.
I truly am blessed to have the greatest kids. I must say they are not perfect but pretty close. There are days that I say is it all worth it but they keep reminding me constantly in so many ways that it has all been worth it.

Many years ago, I decided to stay home and not work and be with our kids as they grew up. At that time it was very hard for me because I am quite social, but I do not regret any day spending with them. They are my everything. Our family has been blessed so much by this great opportunity that I had to stay home. We haven't been the richest but we have always had what we needed and my kids know that mom is there for them. I hope and pray that I have done and taught them everything that they need to know for this life. I greatly miss my kids being small and easy to snuggle with and hold but I am so glad for the great adults they are becoming and the love that they share to those around them. I hope somewhere they have learned a little from me being there for them. I am very GLAD to be a Glad.

5 comments:

midRae said...

Love this photo!! And I wanted to say thank you to you and your family for showing me that I didn't need to feel bad for not being able to run. I really do appreciate that! Your family is beautiful!

Rae said...

I love the photo so much, and your family, and this post I so needed to read RIGHT NOW, tonight, so thank you so much!!!

Sherrie said...

Beautiful post. Love the picture!

Anna said...

It's a wonderful picture! It is always so nice to hear Mom's looking back and not regretting the time spent with the kids, it's nice to know that I'm/we're not alone in this. So worth it.

Lara Neves said...

Loved this Kathy. You're such a good example of motherhood.

And the picture is awesome!