Monday, September 15, 2008

Does anyone really like tests??

I had to take the Praxis test this weekend on Saturday for my degree as a teacher and I hated it.

I had to pay $130 to take the Praxis and I have been studying and studying for weeks. The test is on four subjects. It is on English, Math, Social Studies, and Science. I have been studying anything that I could possibly find about all of these subjects so that I would be ready for the test and I woke up real early on Saturday after not sleeping at all to take the test. I showed up and it ended up starting an hour later than it was supposed. The test took 2 hours.

As I left after the test I felt awful. It is so hard to know what to study for a test that they can't give you any idea what questions will be on the test. There is so much in each area that how can you possibly study for this test. The questions in Social Studies and Science were real hard.

I will find out in six weeks if I passed it and if I didn't then I have to pay again and take it again in November so I am hoping that at least I passed it. Do any of you like tests????? I REALLY HATE THEM NOW!!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like the ACT. It's been quite awhile since I had to take that, but I had to take some tests for my insurance license for work, and it was similar. Drove me crazy. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to pay for it.

Lara Neves said...

Joel had to take the Music Praxis in March. I thought it was really stupid since he has a doctorate in music. He didn't study and he got 97%. Seems a waste of money!

Good luck! I don't mind tests, but I think the fact you have to pay so much money for them puts on the pressure in a major way!

Anonymous said...

I will have to get more info from you-I'm taking the praxis in Nov.-sad! I'm already scared out of my mind! Maybe you can give me some tips on what to study.

Lori said...

I took the Praxis two years ago and passed it my first time. I tried to study and that was making me crazy so I just went in with faith that I knew my stuff. The waiting to find out was the worst for me. I'm sure you passed so don't worry about it for the next 6 weeks.

Anonymous said...

I hope you did just fine on your test. Just the word "test" is stressful, isn't it? But you are one step closer to your goal, and that is a good thing. :-)

Stop by my blog when you get a chance. I have an award for you there!

Kristy said...

I like it when they are over and I REALLY like getting a good grade...