What do you think about texting?
My 16 year old son wants texting real bad. He just received a cell phone for Christmas and I guess it is not real great if he doesn't have texting. We have been trying to decide for quite some time now if we really want to cave in and just get it. I don't want it to be something that overtakes his world. I think some kids get so overcome in it that they say things on texting that they would never say to someone in person. These things concern us.
1. I think kids forget how to communicate with words sometimes if they are texting all the time.
2. I also have seen many kids ignore people they are around because they have received a text or are texting someone.
3. It costs every month $20 more.
Reasons for texting
1. Todd is a great kid.
2. He is willing to practice piano without arguing with me if we get it.
3. We all received texts anyway from other students because they don't know we don't have texting so we end up paying for about 6 texts a month anyway, which adds up when you don't have it on your plan.
What is your take on texting? Do you think if you had a son that wanted it, would you get it????