Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've gone CRAZY

Yes, I think there is not doubt that I am crazy. I have been running and working out every day at 6 am, because it is still cool. Mike has been trying to talk me into going and working out with him in the morning and he is so much faster than I that I know I would just make him go slow so I haven't been. He finally talked me into going to SUU centrum and run stairs with him. I did it twice last week and I have gone once this week with him. I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it or I would just hate it or completely die. Well, I was surprised. It was better than I thought it would be, but definitely a major work out. I am finally to the point where my calves are not sore any more. For now it is a nice change and nice to go with Mike but it is hard.(not as hard as I expected but still hard)
I wonder if my workouts ever will pay off. It is so hard to get motivated each day and it would help if I could reap some rewards from it. Don't you think I should be able to eat anything that I want to? I should be able to have treats and not have to diet. That is at least what I think, but if I live that way I will never see any improvement so I will continue and see what happens for now.

3 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Wow, Kathy. You ARE crazy!!!

I hear ya...I know you have thyroid issues like I do and it is frustrating. At least you're exercising. I have been a major slacker in that area.

I talked to Michelle and she is indeed going up on Friday...just give her a call so you guys can work out times and such. You'll be taking Taylor Carter with you, as well. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wow, just thinking about that kind of workout is scary to me, so hats off to you. I started swimming laps last year and am proud of myself for sticking to it all this time, because I have never been much of an exercise lover. I still have to watch what I eat, too, but I've got firm arms and much more stamina that I used to so it is worth the effort!

BTW, thanks for removing the website. :-)

Rae said...

I've been doing The Biggest Loser workout on DVD. Have you seen that show? I love it.

My mom has this list to help her work out every day. It's a list of reasons to work out, because if you're going on one motivation alone, you're bound to give up when the motivation loses its luster. :) I'll have to have her email me that list....