Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh what a night!!!!!

This month I have been thinking about the many fun things that Mike and I have done together through the years and I was reminded of one of my fondest memories of the two of us.

At the time we had pretty young kids, and we had just returned from a date just the two of us and had taken the babysitter home. When we were coming in the house, Mike said I need to go and get something out of the car and I will be back in a few minutes. I went inside and a few minutes later I hear a knock on the door.

I opened the door and it was Mike and it wasn't just any Mike, it was Cowboy Mike. Yep, he had rushed out to our shed and had put on his duster( cowboy coat), a cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. Well, I couldn't believe it, because Mike is really no cowboy. He never has been and doesn't like country music whatsoever.
He said" Howdy ma'm , I've been watching you and noticed that your husband is gone. Do ya mind if I come on in??" The whole time he was using the cowboy drawl. He continued," I brought you some flowers that I picked out back in my pasture, that I thought you might like. I also brought some cider and cheese that we can share" By this time I was eating this up every minute of it, because if you don't know I am kind of a country girl myself. I love country music, even though I love other music, I have always enjoyed country music. ( I think because of some of the romantic lyrics)
I let him in and we started to talk. He asked if my husband would be comin home. I said not for a while. He asked me if I would mind dancing a couple of tunes with him. He turned on some slow country songs, some of my favorites. Well by this time I was melting in his arms. I love country slow music, masculine cowboys, and to get flowers and cider too. Wow. We danced and danced and danced.

What a night for me to always cherish. more to me. I couldn't believe that he would do something so awesome for me, especially when it just wasn't him. He was doing something that he knew I would totally love and I did. I am so THANKFUL for our memories.

11 comments:

Erin said...

What a cute story! It shows how much he loves you.

Lara Neves said...

You two...I would never have guessed. :) What fun!

heather said...

That is awesome. What a great memory! I'm feeling a little jealous. ;)

alpinekleins said...

What a lucky lady to have such an adorable hubby:) Just noticed from you're profile . . . do you know Charise Reimschiissel, also in elementary ed at SUU?

Kristin

humming fun said...

If you keep doing stories like this you are going to have to rate them PG-13 PG or G. I cant belive you let a cowboy in when mike was a way.

Pancake said...

That is just the sweetest story!!!! I hope COwboy Mike, still comes around!!

-Melissa- said...

How sweet! Theat definitely is a great memory!

Colt said...

How is it that after all these years I have never heard this story?

That is totally awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That is so romantic and sweet!

Anonymous said...

awwww! That's it. I am buying a fun costume for Valentines.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

What a sweetheart. Great story.