Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Greatest of Friends

Today I want to share one of my GREATEST blessings in this world and that is my great friends.

One of my friends, gave me this hanging lately and it is how I feel. I hope that all that meet me end up feeling like they are true friends when they leave being around me or my home.
This hanging is a friendship wall hanging that means so very much to me, as you can see it is hanging in my hall. My friend, Annette, that lives miles and miles away made this just for me. She is so very talented and I don't see her much but her friendship is very important to me as SO MANY of my friends are.


I love this poem that I found that tells how I feel about my friends much better than I can.

Why God Made Friends
God made the world with a heart full of love,
Then He looked down from Heaven above,
And saw that we all need a helping hand,
Someone to share with, who'll understand.
He made special people to see us through
The glad times and the sad times, too;
A person on whom we can always depend,
Someone we can call a friend.God made friends
so we'll carry a part
Of His perfect love in all our hearts

Just in the last two weeks I have had people that have called or emailed me to say just the right thing at the right time. Thanks so much!!! I hope you know who you are!!!! I wish I had pictures of all of my friends that are a part of my heart because they are a part of who I am. I am thankful for my friends close by, friends that I have met just online, and friends that are miles and miles away. Thanks to all of you that comment on my blog and make my day. I appreciate every great word.

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I agree...friends are so wonderful. What would life be without them?

Thanks for your great email I just got! :) And thanks for being an awesome friend!

Rae said...

I love you, too! :)

Kristi T. said...

Yep gotta love those friends. I love ya babe and hope I brighten some days and not just rain on them all.

susette said...

It's just so very obvious by comments from your loved ones how much you are appreciated and cared about. I've enjoyed getting to know you through the blogging world.