Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hospital on Thanksgiving

As I am thinking about Thanksgiving and ones from the past, I remember one of our most memorable Thanksgivings ever.

It was probably about 7 or 8 years ago. We were living in Herriman at the time and Mike woke up to go play football on Thanksgiving morning with his friends from high school. It always ends up being about 75 or so men by the time everyone invites all that they know. I was enjoying the late morning and sleeping in as long as I could when I received a phone call from his brother, Max. He told me that I needed to meet him in the emergency room at the hospital and that Mike's ear had been yanked off. There I was picturing them just holding his ear and Mike bleeding all over and then Max started to laugh and told me that it had been ripped but it was still attached. I was a little irritated that he was teasing me. I got in the car and headed over to the hospital and sure enough he had a good majority of his ear ripped off from his head. They ended up stitching it up and then they wrapped his head with a red bandage all around his head. What a way to start my Thanksgiving off. I guess I was very thankful that morning that it wasn't worse and that it was still somewhat attached. After that I have tried to talk him into just watching football on Thanksgiving and some years he does and others he still plays.

Make sure that you make a great Thanksgiving memory this year and enjoy.

3 comments:

mandy said...

That is funny!! Not really, but sorta!! Last year the Friday before than Thanksgiving(the day before the turnkey bowl) Sam was gone to a conf. up in Salt Lake and Jackson fell off my bed and broke his arm. Good times!!

Kristi T. said...

I am sure we will be making good memories this year! I hope anyway. Can't wait to see you on Thursday. Love me

susette said...

oh that makes my stomach tingle. Wow! any scarring from it?