Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cat with and Attitude


Have you ever owned a cat with and "Attitude"? I guess you haven't been around our cat. Her name is Pumpkin. We have owned her for about three years. She is calico and very pretty but you can't let that deceive you. She is mean and vicious.

My girls just love our cat no matter what she does to them. She can be loving sometimes but for the most time she just hisses at people, animals or just anything. We had to get her declawed because my daughter Angela had so many scratches on her arm that it was scary. The other night we were just watching tv and she wanted to be petted so we were petting her and she just started biting us for no reason. I don't know if she is worth the trouble.

She can be really funny to watch because she leaps in the air when we use a flashlight on the wall, she tries to attack it and will jump many feet in the air. It is hilarious and very entertaining.
She seems to really like Mike even though he likes to tease her and irritate her.

5 comments:

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

wanna know something funny? I had a cat growing up that was a calico and her name was pumpkin and she was a FIESTY little cat.. Must be the name :)

Lara Neves said...

I had a cat growing up that was just like that. (Alas, she was an orange tabby named Buttercup...no Pumpkin here).

In fact, she just died last year...lived to be 22 years old!

And she was funny. She'd want to be petted, but only on her terms. And instead of getting up and walking away when she was done being petted, she would hiss at you and bite you. Full of personality, that one. Not too personable, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, what a little stinker that Pumpkin is. She is a pretty girl, tho! I don't have cats and only had outside cats when I was a little girl, so I can't give you any advice. I'll bet it's a little hard to train a mean little stinking kitty!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin is beautiful! I'm a total cat person and my husband calls me the "cat whisperer" but sometimes you just get a cat that just wants stuff done on her terms. My cat Simba was pretty fiesty his first few years and then all of a sudden in was like the kitten in him disappeared and he became a big lover and can't get enough holding and pettying. Funny!
~Angel

Sherrie said...

Kathy,
Just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. Yup I've been keeping tabs on you. But somehow I have misplaced your email address and want to send you a link to my blog so please either send me an email again or check out my blogspot...
http://billyshercarpenter.blogspot.com/
Look forward to hearing from you soon. Keep up the good blogging! Sherrie McCray