Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've been Tagged: Six unimportant things about me

I have been tagged by Angel for "Six Unimportant Things About Me". This has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have been thinking and thinking. Here they are:

1) Until just recently I would drink diet coke or diet cherry coke every day. I looked forward to
my coke. It became a habit that I really looked forward to every day. I finally decided that the carbonation and caffeine probably wasn't the best for me so I have moved on to Crystal Light or Sugar Free Lemonade. There are days when I still miss my Diet Coke but for the most part I think I sleep a lot better at night without the caffeine to keep me awake.

2)I am a true red head. Most people don't have red hair naturally but I have been blessed to have red hair even though it has decided to start to add a little gray on its own. I also can do my hair either curly or straight. It sure takes a long time to do my hair straight because I have a lot of hair but it lasts longer than the straight hair. My husband wishes my hair was curly like it was in the 80's when I had Big curly hair. I don't know if I will go back to that but who knows. My husband also has red hair and most of my four children.

3) I am a country girl. I grew up on a farm as a child. I remember feeding about 50 baby goats every day by bottle. They were the cutest. They thought I was their mother and would "ba ba and ba" until they got their milk. It was very rewarding. I learned at a very young age how to work hard and to love animals. I was able to experience milking goats, feeding baby goats, and helping the mother goats deliver their baby goats. I am thankful for such great experiences.

4) I collect Snow Babies. I have collected snow babies for years. They are a collection of figurines that depict small snow babies doing many different things in the snow. My husband has bought me many many snow babies as we have experienced many different things. I have one set of snow babies that is snow babies in a canoe and he brought it home for me from Yellowstone when he went to Shoshone Lake with family. Every one of the snow babies that I have represent some important experience or time to me. I keep them up all year round but not too many people even see them or know that I have them.
5) I love amusement parks. My entire family enjoys amusement parks. We have been to Disneyland a dozen times, and also to Six Flags in Chicago. Six Flags in Chicago is an amusement park that is mostly rollercoasters. I remember their was even a "Backwards Rollercoaster", kind of crazy. It was great fun. My husband and I always join in the fun as much as the kids. This May we went to Disney World in Florida. We had a great time. It was very different than Disneyland but it was great. I am glad that we have been able to travel with our kids to some of these fun places to make some great memories.
Here is a picture of us at Disney World this year.
6) I run 5-9 miles every day. I wake up early and run every day. Last year I was running 9 miles every day and the doctor said that I needed to cut back because I am not as young as I used to be. This year I am running about 5-7 miles. I never thought I would be one that ran because I really never enjoyed it before. I am truly not a fast runner but I keep going. I don't think that I will ever be as fast as my husband but who knows. No, I am not training for anything but I am asked many times if I am. I just want to be healthy and it would be great if a great benefit like losing weight would come along I would LOVE it. I think that the working out definitely helps me to deal with my kids, school and just every day life, even if I am crazy.
This is my husband and I and some of our kids at the end of a 5K a few years ago. So this was fun and now I guess I get to pass on the fun to:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to come up with my 6, too. I pondered on it all day. LOL Your 6 are very interesting. I totally admire you for running everyday. that is awesome. And I went on the backwards rollercoaster at Great America, too! I've had to see the Chiropractor for my neck and I blame that rollercoaster! *L*
~Angel