Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Taming of the Shrew

Thursday night I was lucky enough to get to go to "The Taming of the Shrew" at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City with one of my great friends. I was even luckier to get free tickets for both of us to go the the show. If you have never been to a Shakespeare play you need to experience it. It was great. I really enjoyed it. I don't think it was supposed to be a comedy but there were parts that I truly laughed out loud at. The actors and actresses were remarkable. The audience loved it.
I think that I am getting a little better at understanding what is going on in the Shakespeare play. I guess you could say that I am gaining a little "culture".

1 comment:

susette said...

I think I might someday try to get to the Shakespearian Festival. My good friend I walk with in the mornings went with her mother, sisters, and daughters, and had a blast! She said it was so fun to go out to dinner one evening kind of late and in walked a couple who were an actress and actor in one of the plays. They said it looked like a little romance blossoming offstage. Cute huh? But, they had a wonderful time and are going to make it a yearly tradition. Maybe next year I will give it a try.