Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friendship Plant


I have this plant in my bedroom and it just continues to grow and grow. Yes, it is only one plant. As you can see it will probably strangle us some night while we are sleeping because it is so long. This plant has even endured a move to Cedar and still continues to grow and grow and it is definitely a big part of our room.
I think of this plant as my friendship plant. It was given to me by a great friend when I finished my scuba diving class about 5 or 6 yrs ago. It was very small in a small pot and as you can see it has grown and grown. This plant reminds me of the friendships that I have gained through the years and how that friendship continues to grow and grow. I have many dear friends that I don't live close to but truly are in my heart always. I miss them always. I am also lucky to have many great friends that I live close to.
This plant reminds me of those great friends that I have gained through the years and the great blessing they are. Just like this plant their friendship has taken light,water, nourishment etc but it is so awesome to have friendships that continue through the years... I will be always grateful for my friendship plant that reminds me of my truly great friends.


6 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Wow! You must have the greenes thumb ever! I always kill plants. I don't think I've ever seen anything quit like yours though! Love it!

Audrey said...

My mom calls these plants a testimony plant because if you feed and nourish it will grow just like your testimony and even if it starts to wither and die you can revive it by feeding it and giving it light. Also, you can take a cutting from it, put it into a pot with soil and water and give it to a friend, like sharing your testimony with others. She gave one to my daughter for her baptism, they are really nice plants.

Lynette said...

Kathy,
I love to look at your blog and see what you guys are up to. Your plant is amazing, I kill everything. We hope to hear from you soon. I think about you all the time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some plant! It was good to hear from you~I know your sick of math, but just think about me having to finish it next semester-yuck! Hang in there, you'll do great!

Kristi T. said...

Very well said. But I am looking at my friendship plant and wondering what the heck am I doing wrong that it won't grow anymore? I try everything you suggest although I have not sang to it lately.

Anonymous said...

Morning! Come by my blog - I have a little award for you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)