Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Day for Celebration

Yesterday morning, we woke up early and were staying in Draper with Mike's parents and we drove over to the Trax station to take the Trax up to Salt Lake for a wedding of one of our best friend's daughter. Dave and Sherrie met at the train station and we spent the day with Karrilyn and them.
This is a picture of Dave and Sherrie. They have been great friends for a very long time. They are actually our special friends that lined Mike and I up on a blind date many years ago. It is so interesting how our lives are so intertwined with each other. We don't see them very often but when we do we have such a great time.
This is a picture at the reception of Sherrie, Rowena and myself. We have been great friends for a long time. We have seen our kids grow, change, and struggle and even though we don't see each other often we are such great friends and always will be. Rowena is the mother of the bride, which is Mindy.
Of course we had to get a picture of the guys. They are such great friends and have been since they were kids. This picture is of Mike, Frank (father of the bride), and Dave. Do they look like they enjoy each other or what?
This picture didn't turn out too great but it is of Mike and I and Dave and Sherrie at the Salt Lake temple while we were waiting for the pictures of the bride and groom to get finished. We truly feel like family when we are together. Our kids actually call our friends kids their cousins because they are like family.
There was a little nook outside that Karrilyn decided to take a picture of us in.

Here is one of Karrilyn and I at the same spot.

Another picture of Mike and Karrilyn while we are waiting.

This picture reminds me of years ago when I was having my picture taken for my very special day with the same very special guy.
I always have to get a picture of the Salt Lake Temple when I get a chance. It is a very special place to Mike and I and is so beautiful.
Here is a picture of the wedding couple at the temple. I think it is going to be a long day for them.
After pictures we headed over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to watch the Joseph Smith movie. It was great, I had already seen it but Mike hadn't. After the movie we were invited to the Lion House for a luncheon. It was so yummy. Their rolls are to die for and we also had homemade carrot cake. YUM YUM!!!
At 4:30 pm they had a small ring exchange at the reception center. It was nothing real big but interesting. By the time it started I think we all had sunburns, or at least it felt like it.
This is a picture of the reception center. It was gorgeous. They had the food all taken care of and everything. I think it is a little pricy that way but it just might be worth it not to have to worry about the cleanup.
As we were getting ready to head home after a day of fun, we decided to take one more picture of the bride and groom. They look very happy.
We are so excited for them. It was so nice to be there during the day and enjoy the celebration. It was such a beautiful day. The food was great, companionship wonderful, and the temple beautiful as always.
We are so thankful for such great friends that make such an impact on our lives and continue to do so.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun day.

Rae said...

Looks like a great gathering!

I love the bride's dress.

susette said...

I love it when a wedding day turns out so beautiful. Getting to visit with so many loved ones and friends is the icing on the cake! Way cute pictures. Talk about a mom and daughter looking alike? I think you and Karrilyn could be sisters.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! I love weddings. I haven't been to one in a long time, though. :-(