Monday, December 22, 2008

Every Year

We are all enjoying the Christmas season, with parties, shopping, making candy, visiting with friends and family and many many more. One of our awesome traditions is that we take the kids and go to St. George and get tickets to see the Forgotten Carols by Michael Mclean. If you have never been you should make it a priority to go. It makes Christmas special every year and reminds us what we are celebrating. The music is great too.
After the Forgotten Carols we drove over to the temple to see the Christmas lights. They are beautiful and the temple is just gorgeous. We have never seen the Christmas lights at this temple and it was great.
I didn't realize that they have a nativity with narration.

Free hot breakfast at the motel, is a great plus with a growing family. You can tell they are not quite awake.
After breakfast we went shopping for each other. This is the first year that the kids bought not only gifts for Mike and I but for each other. We usually help them buy for each other but this year they wanted to do it all. It was a lot of fun, shopping around with Mike while they were trying to find just the perfect gift for us. After shopping we went to Costco and had to pick up a few things. The kids love the samples. Yummmy. This picture is after lunch at Costco we were ready to head home. What a great day, we had a tons of fun. I was definitely ready to head home and be home. We figured out that we have slept on four different beds this week. That is crazy.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I haven't gotten down to see the temple yet. I'm afraid it's not going to happen this year! So thanks for the pictures, and we'll make sure that we see it all next year.

I'm glad you had fun with your family!

Andrea said...

Looks like a great family outing.

Sherrie said...

That sounds like a very fun time spent with your family. I wish I could say we have done something like that, but not even close. Maybe between Christmas and New Years we will get down to the temple or something like that. Have a Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

I know that as one of the kids myself that I look forward to going out with my family every year. It's great to be able to tell my friends that I'm going with my family to see something that some of them have never even heard of before.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun and festive time out with the family. It is special times like that which make the season so special.