Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Snow Babies

I forgot to post one of my Christmas decorations, my snowbabies. I have collected these for years and years. Mike has given many through the years as different things in our lives have happened. I keep them in my curio cabinet in my entry way but most people don't notice these cute little creatures. Each one of them have sentimental meaning to me.
In this picture you can see them sledding down a hill, when I received this one, we had a huge sledding hill in our backyard that my kids enjoyed and so it reminds me of that.


6 comments:

Shauna said...

Sweet! Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Lara Neves said...

I've never seen those before! They are beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful I only have one, but I think it is so cute that I leave it out all year long. :-) Your collection is wonderful.

Sherrie said...

What a nice collection you have. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

susette said...

Sweet little decorations. They seem fragile. Good thing the kids are older :) I hope you had a very merry Christmas Kate!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to get back to you on the question you asked me about how much teachers in my state make. It depends on the district, and the size of the city, but in my area, and depends if you count the teacher retirement as part of your salary, but on average, with a Master's and about 10 years experience it is around $50,000 on average. I also have a National Board Certification which earns me extra money. That differs from state to state, but in my state, for having that certificate, I get an annual $3000 stipend on top of my salary, and then another $2000 for mentoring other teachers who are trying to aquire that certification. :-) The good news with teaching is that you start out pretty low (I only made $22,000 my first year) but there are opportunities to grow your salary with education and experience. It still is less compared to that of other types of careers with people holding a Master's degree, but I always remind myself that I get 15 weeks off a year, and my salary is based on 9 months pay.